Flock and Rally: Integrated Communications for a Brave New South
Our mission is to rally our community around great ideas, with the goal of strengthening our local economy and drawing attention to the Midlands and to South Carolina as a destination for high quality of life.
Flock and Rally is a boutique, women-owned public relations, marketing, branding, social media and event planning agency based in Columbia, South Carolina.
|Part of the Flock and Rally team. Photo: Sean Rayford|
A hyper-local firm, Flock and Rally offers branding, PR, marketing, social media and event planning services in Columbia, S.C. and across the Carolinas, with regional and national reach.
We collaborate with clients to create and implement social media-rich, resource-laden public relations and marketing strategies.
Whether it's for a client's brand launch or their signature event, we breed lasting partnerships between peer and sponsor organizations, and we use PR, digital marketing, advertising, word-of-mouth and social media to galvanize and motivate the culture-loving masses of the Midlands, Carolinas and beyond.
|Co-Founding Partners Debi Schadel and Tracie Broom. Photo: Sean Rayford|
Before forming Flock and Rally in 2010, partners Debi Schadel and Tracie Broom each worked independently for over a decade in marketing, publishing, projet management, event planning, and online content development for entities ranging from the Columbia QuadSquad Rollergirls, Viva la Vista and real estate mogul Don Tomlin to national brands like Toyota, Hilton, and Spa Magazine.
Debi Schadel, Co-Founding PartnerDebi Schadel, co-founding parther at Flock and Rally, is a marketing professional based in Columbia, S.C., who has a lengthy and successful track record in developing and managing integrated communications campaigns, public relations, social media, website development and event planning in the Midlands.
Known for creative, web-based marketing campaigns and grassroots solutions, Debi excels at long-term planning and scheduling, maximizing staff output, and giving clients the most bang for their buck. Originally from upstate New York, she brings an open, direct approach to the table, which makes it incredibly easy to Get Big Things Done.
She holds a Master of Real Estate Development from Clemson University and a Master of Science in Geographic Information Systems from the University of South Carolina. She served as co-founder of various key organizations in the Midlands, including the Kauffman Foundation's 1 Million Cups Columbia, S.C. chapter and the American Marketing Association (AMA) Columbia chapter.
Tracie Broom, Co-Founding PartnerTracie Broom, co-founding parther at Flock and Rally, is a public relations professional from Columbia, S.C., who develops and manages integrated communications campaigns, specializing in content development, social media, web strategy, customer experience and partnership building. Skilled in the art of getting the word out, she is passionate about introducing people to one another and spoke on the subject at TedXColumbiaSC in 2014.
Tracie worked as a professional writer, editor and event planner for 12 years in San Francisco, with a roster of clients ranging from Toyota and Hilton to Spa Magazine and Daily Candy SF. She is a graduate of Wesleyan University with a B.A. in Dance Choreography and Performance, and she was awarded a grant for studies at Harvard University.
Tracie serves as marketing committee chair of the Foundation Board of the S.C. Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities in Greenville, S.C.
Rachel Carter, Project Manager
|Rachel Carter, Project Manager. Photo: Sean Rayford|
Rachel Carter, project manager, is a marketing professional based in Columbia, S.C., who has been a key member of the Flock and Rally team since 2014.
Armed with an acuity for project management and the ability to enforce deadlines with a smile, she excels at managing integrated communications campaigns, event-based marketing and developing and implementing social media strategies.
Hailing from Baltimore, MD, Rachel graduated from the University of South Carolina with a degree in public relations.
She is constantly on the lookout for all things handmade and delicious, and she is passionate about playing a role in the flourishing small business economy in Columbia, S.C. Rachel serves on the board of the nonprofit Jam Room Music Festival.
Ashley Cady, Integrated Communications Manager
|Ashley Cady, Integrated Communications Manager. Photo: Sean Rayford|
An avid content creator with a knack for visual storytelling, Ashley manages social media empires and grows engagement with an eye toward staying on top of ever-changing best practices in the inbound marketing and tourism industries in particular.
Originally from Aiken, S.C., Ashley graduated from the University of South Carolina with a degree in tourism management. Ashley serves on the board of the Contemporaries of the Columbia Museum of Art and is a member of the COR Action Team.
Meg Stith, Senior Integrated Communications Manager
|Meg Stith, Senior Integrated Communications Manager. Photo: Meg Parker|
- "50 Most Influential" 2017, Columbia Business Monthly magazine
- Palmetto Award of Excellence 2017, International Association of Business Communicators S.C. Chapter (IABC-SC), for the Green Book of South Carolina mobile travel guide, in collaboration with the S.C. African American Heritage Commission
- Honorable Mention, Best Places to Work, Free Times Best of Columbia 2017
- Free Times Next 50, 2017
- "Star of the Show" at International Association of Business Communicators S.C. Chapter (IABC-SC) Palmetto Awards 2016 for Famously Hot New Year integrated marketing communications campaign
- Columbia Regional Business Report: Tracie Broom, "Women to Watch" 2016
- Free Times Next 50, 2016
- Leadership Class of 2016, Chloe Rodgers
- SC Public Relations Society of America Mercury Awards, 2015 Mercury Award of Excellence for integrated communications campaign for Famously Hot New Year 2015
- Free Times Next 50, 2015
- SC Public Relations Society of America Mercury Awards, 2014 Mercury Award of Excellence for integrated communications campaign for 701 Center for Contemporary Art's Columbia Open Studios tour
- Columbia Metropolitan magazine Best of Columbia 2015 readers' poll, Best Event Planner
- International Association of Business Communicators S.C. Chapter, Palmetto Award of Excellence in Nonprofit Communications, 2014, for the 701 CCA Columbia Open Studios campaign
- Free Times Next 50, 2014
- SC Public Relations Society of America Mercury Awards, 2013 Silver Wing Award of Merit for Motor Supply Co. Bistro website
- Columbia Regional Business Report: Debi Schadel, Influential Women in Business Honoree in Business Owner/CEO Category, 2014
- Free Times Power 50, 2013
- Free Times Power 50, 2012
Flock and Rally is certified with the federal government as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise and is eligible to partner or team on federal projects which include a DBE set-aside or requirement for women-owned and minority businesses. We are also certified with Richland County as a Small Local Business Enterprise, or SLBE.